8 MALES; 5 FEMALES
1) Sean (ages from 19 to 26) – Our protagonist is the adopted son of Kevin & Bridget O’Connor, and the cause of Rebecca Morgan’s heartache. He’s a lost soul, a boy struggling to become a man.
2) Rebecca (ages from 17 to 42) – Our heroine is the daughter of Reece and Patricia Morgan. Raised a debutante, but rejects that life to become a free spirit/rebel. Artistic and romantic, Rebecca carries the heartache of a lost child throughout her life.
3) Jake (ages from 19 to 44) – Dark, sensitive, and attractive, Jake is Rebecca’s love and soul mate. A musician growing up in a cultural revolution, with a bit of 1950s “bad-boy” in him.
4) Josie (20) -- Sean’s wife. Pretty but common, raised in the South. In turbulent times, she longs for the stability of a solid marriage.
5) Bridget (ages 24 to 50) -- Sean’s adoptive mother. A plain, simple, Irish immigrant searching for a better life, but instead finds a loveless marriage.
6) Kevin (ages from 42 to 60) -- Sean's adoptive father and Bridget's husband. Irish, affable, a rugged workingman.
7) Patricia (ages 37 to 65) -- Rebecca’s mother. She’s beautiful, cold, and inaccessible.
8) Reece (mid-40s) -- Rebecca's father and Patricia's husband. An Ivy-League lawyer, handsome, accustomed to power.
9) Hirsch (18) – A soldier in Vietnam with Sean, they become best friends.
10) Mendes (19) / Jerry (30)
* Mendes -- Another brother-in-arms.
* Jerry -- The sleazy lawyer who arranges Sean’s adoption.
11) Jackson (19) / Max (mid-20s)
* Jackson -- Another brother-in-arms.
* Max -- Rebecca's first friend in New York City.
12) Rita (20) -- A sensual and exotic Latina, she helps post-war Sean find his way.
13) Young Sean -- A boy trapped between his dueling adoptive parents.
Oyster Bay, Long Island, NY (1949)
- Country Club
New Mexico (1950)
- Rebecca's Hospital Room
West Virginia (1950’s thru 1970’s)
- Int/Ext Cabin
- Local Bar
New York (1950’s thru 1970’s)
- NYC Club
- NYC Street
- Int/Ext Rebecca’s NY Apartment
- NYC Central Park
- Int/Ext Rebecca and Jake's Brownstone
- Bridget's Brooklyn Apartment
U.S. Army (Early 70’s)
- Fort Dix Army Camp
- Vietnam Army Camp
- Vietnam Jungle
Veracruz, Mexico (Post-Vietnam)
- Tuxpan Plaza